The Gaming Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaming Hub is a social community who simply like to game!

Facebook The Gaming Hub

Like/Tweet/+1

Latest topics

» Roleplaying, yes or no?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm by Mosley

» Favorite race in the Lord of the rings universe?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:51 pm by Mosley

» Any good WoW RP addons you can think of?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am by Faaria

» Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am by Faaria

» Under or over the top?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 am by bobthecrop

» Modern Warfare
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm by bobthecrop

» Minecraft Mods!
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm by bobthecrop

» What to build?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm by bobthecrop

» Should halo have been continued?
Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 pm by bobthecrop

2 posters

Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)

Faaria
    Faaria

Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) Empty Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)

Post  Faaria Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:16 am

Faaria's reccommended Addons, pros and cons.
    (WIP in case of suggestions and the like!)

I know there is a simmilar "guide" with little information of each. I will however give a more detailed one with the Addons I use and reccommend. Give the pro's and cons. If there are suggestion of other RP mods, please write it in the comments and i will add it=) or just even something i might have forgotten in here.

TRP (Total Roleplay:
    This addon is usefull for making a roleplaying chart for you character. Basically a CV! Give it a name, last name, titles and much more. Make custom items, buffs, trigger soundfiles, stashes, mark place for others to see as your home on the map and even easily find other people using TRP on the map! And languages. Almost forgot that.
    Also possible to make a very flexible tooltip for information of your character. Both for OOC and IC. Also can make custom quests. Emote and say or even whisper for an NPC (Shows you are doing it with || when non TRP users use it, but still usuable!) and so much more. It is basically like a bunch of Addons packed into one single one!

Con!: Due to the fact it effect so many different fields in the game, other Addons that effect the same cathegories (Like Tongues als effects language understanding and such) it can be more buggy. As well due to how advanced it can be, most people only use the CV and the amazingly flexible tooltip usage of it.

MRP (My Roleplay):
    A much simpler Roleplay CV than TRP. Also less buggin along with other addons. However this only gives you the CV ability and ability to tooltip others to see what kind of CV mod they are using. I reccomend this for beginners.

Tip!: If you wish to use Tongues or GHI, I reccomend to use MRP. They are much less buggy together than TRP is with theese addons. Also TRP2 and MRP or Flag-(somthing) should never be used at the sae time. Only one "CV addon" as I call it.

Tongues
    Enables you to speak any lore language in game, even Cat! This also makes you able to understand other races "tongues", add accents like pirate, or effects like stuttering that will automatically be added when you write. It also contains some safe spelling like typing :p will make it autimatically do /lick instead. Also, when using accents and writing greeting or goodye will come out as a typical greeting from that tongue. (Like Bye will be written as Elune-adore if you use Darnassian accent)

Also be just listening to others speaking another tongue will automatically gain you a skill point in that language makig you slowly learn it. just like in real!*
    I do note however being mage with the languge buff, TRP2 -and- tongues -will- bugg your own language.

*not entirely but almost

GHI(Gryphonheart Items)
    This, like TRP make you able to make -anything-. Buffs, books, weapons, just items that you can code to do so much weird stuff your brain gonna explode. Awesome drugs? No problem, want to make a flute, that when clickin on it will make an emote lke /e plays flute. and causing it to make people hear a flute from the game files? No problem at all. It is nearly limitless!

Con: It can be -very- buggy. The bugs can however easily be fixed by doing /reload. So easy to fix. Just annoying when it happens you can not use /s for example or /i in the middle of an instance.

MogIt
    Not an RP addon but enables you to find and set up gear -much- quicker than for example atlasloot. Make your dream combinatio of gear and go hunt for them!
    bobthecrop

Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP) Empty Re: Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)

Post  bobthecrop Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:20 pm

Actually I wouldn't recommend tongues, because it simply gives you some very wrong ideas of certain accents in the game, which I personally say includes the draenei one, which I've actually made a proper study of... Yes I am THAT bored at times...

I've also made a "catalogue" of the bust sizes of the playable races... From biggest to smallest... Just call me bored, because that's honestly what I am, and I like to spend my time in ways to improve my RP.

The dwarven one is at times spot on, and at times could require more work, and at other times leaves going like: "Wha?"

Tongues is not immersion, it's laziness, but that's just my opinion, I write out ALL my accents... And I got a lot... Including a german one, a strong dwarven one and more hard accents.
    Faaria
    Faaria

Post  Faaria Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am

I can agree that it might not be perfect. However it does correct some typing mistakes, though very few. Also I think it depends on how you pronounce words in your head and the like. doubble e dosent seound like eeee but I. Some accents are terrible, other a rather well done. And it is for the lazy people who dont wish to put in accents:P

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:40 am