The Gaming Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaming Hub is a social community who simply like to game!

Facebook The Gaming Hub

Like/Tweet/+1

Latest topics

» Roleplaying, yes or no?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm by Mosley

» Favorite race in the Lord of the rings universe?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:51 pm by Mosley

» Any good WoW RP addons you can think of?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am by Faaria

» Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am by Faaria

» Under or over the top?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 am by bobthecrop

» Modern Warfare
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm by bobthecrop

» Minecraft Mods!
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm by bobthecrop

» What to build?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm by bobthecrop

» Should halo have been continued?
World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 pm by bobthecrop

+8
Tachi
Morgo Hopebringer
Verlith
Merash
Umbar
Norionil
Valdanyr
Kelinor
12 posters

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Kelinor

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Empty World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Post  Kelinor Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:24 am

What does everyone think about the new expansion?

I think it was made quite well, but there has been a lot of complaints about making Warcraft too distant from it's original vanilla version. I don't think Warcraft has stripped itself from that aspect, but I'm not too sure...
    Valdanyr

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Empty Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Post  Valdanyr Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:17 am

Pretty well made, though the theme of the story sadly isn't my cup of coffee.
    Norionil
    Norionil

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Empty Re: World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria

Post  Norionil Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:23 am

At first, I didn't think I'd like it, and was awfully tentative, but afterwards, I began to appreciate it as a good expansion. I'm in love with the scenery, and the characterisation of the Pandaren, with their self-righteousness and hypocrisy, is fantabulous. With 5.1 now, I'm even more besotted with it all.
    Umbar
    Umbar
    Admin

Post  Umbar Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:23 am

Still attempting to level to 90 Sad

~ Liam
    Norionil
    Norionil

Post  Norionil Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:26 am

Admin wrote:Still attempting to level to 90 Sad

~ Liam

*Pats* There there, you're not alone. pale
    Merash
    Merash

Post  Merash Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 am

It's well made, loved the cinematics, humour in quests and so. I DO NOT like the theme. What I mean is, Items, Dungeons and so are SUPER repetitive. Got me bored of them after 2 runs of the same one.
    Verlith
    Verlith

Post  Verlith Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 am

I love the quests the first time round, although I don't think they have any replayability factor. And dailies being the only way to get rep is a pain in the ass.

Apart from those two points I absolutely love the expansion, and it proved my doubts wrong.
    Norionil
    Norionil

Post  Norionil Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:56 pm

Verlith wrote:I love the quests the first time round, although I don't think they have any replayability factor. And dailies being the only way to get rep is a pain in the ass.

Apart from those two points I absolutely love the expansion, and it proved my doubts wrong.

I haven't finished my first play through yet (hah, as if there'll be a second!) but I had my doubts about the replayability. Chiefly because the quests are all very story-centric, but also horrifically tedious. It's the story aspect which makes the monotony bearable. Doing this again would be awful, I imagine.

I'm going to ask though, and only because I don't know how to play WoW, why do you need to do dailies? Except for the ones that advance the Horde, in 5.1 :3
    Verlith
    Verlith

Post  Verlith Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:38 am

Norionil wrote:
    I'm going to ask though, and only because I don't know how to play WoW, why do you need to do dailies? Except for the ones that advance the Horde, in 5.1 :3

The only real 'need' to do dailies is to unlock the valor rewards and a few vanity options. Apart from that it's just my desire to get exalted with factions, and unfortunately they removed rep gain tabards for MoP, so if you want the rep, you have to do dailies with no other option.
    Norionil
    Norionil

Post  Norionil Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:55 am

Verlith wrote:
    Norionil wrote:

The only real 'need' to do dailies is to unlock the valor rewards and a few vanity options. Apart from that it's just my desire to get exalted with factions, and unfortunately they removed rep gain tabards for MoP, so if you want the rep, you have to do dailies with no other option.

I suppose I'll never understand how to play this game then. What you've wrote makes about as much sense to me as a mime with leprosy.
    Morgo Hopebringer

Post  Morgo Hopebringer Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:36 am

Pretty Smexy!
    lol!
    Tachi
    Tachi

Post  Tachi Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:37 pm

I'm having some difficulties wanting to level because I don't really feel like it from what people have said about everything being a big grind at level 90 =D.
    Jonas Le Doctor
    Jonas Le Doctor

Post  Jonas Le Doctor Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:49 pm

Well, for the first. Blizzard in mist of pandaria is kind of aiming of the story here because suddenly. We get a new content. New places, new races and we don't know how or why they are here. So try fit in the story in the quest. And for those who basicly likes the lore or wants to get anchievements. There are stories of Pandaria spread all over it. Those scrolls you can found like every zone. Though, the first patch was to know the story of Pandaria. the end. 5.1 is that the war begins which will tribute to the future patches i believe? We now know that horde and Alliance is in full scale war in Krasarang Wilds. The Thunder king has been revived. We also know that the mogu expirements with titan technology. Which could bring back Ulduar bosses. xP
    Evetheluckstealer
    Evetheluckstealer

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria Empty MoP

Post  Evetheluckstealer Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:52 am

Hmm, well at first there was alot of those trolls saying, that wow was ruined, because there came panda's into the game, but I think it's quite nice ! New monk playing class, and pandaria is such a lovely place, but to rp and lvl. Also i think blizz did A good work all in all ^^ Im really looking forewards too "the thunderking" thing :3
    Faaria
    Faaria

Post  Faaria Wed Jan 09, 2013 2:16 am

MoP is beautiful. I love how they made the quest much more story driven. I love a story heavy gaming experience.

I agree however it is kind of unattractive to Level more than 1 char to 90 however, as well the need to do dailies for VP gear.

I am a heavy RPer, but also a PvE'er and i do the dailies because I "need" to. Or feel the need to. When i rather want to chill and enjoy Roleplay with others
    Vyriand
    Vyriand

Post  Vyriand Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:12 am

In my opinion, Pandaria is an awesome expansion. I think it's better than cataclysm, due to it having a completely new, beautifull zone. It's got a large variaty of quests, humor, drama and a lot of new options.

As for the Pandaren race.. They're better than I had expected, and the monk class plays very smoothly.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue May 07, 2024 3:17 am