The Gaming Hub

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Gaming Hub is a social community who simply like to game!

Facebook The Gaming Hub

Like/Tweet/+1

Latest topics

» Roleplaying, yes or no?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:54 pm by Mosley

» Favorite race in the Lord of the rings universe?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 10:51 pm by Mosley

» Any good WoW RP addons you can think of?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:47 am by Faaria

» Guide: Roleplaying addons (WIP)
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am by Faaria

» Under or over the top?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 5:04 am by bobthecrop

» Modern Warfare
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:43 pm by bobthecrop

» Minecraft Mods!
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 pm by bobthecrop

» What to build?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:31 pm by bobthecrop

» Should halo have been continued?
Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 26, 2013 10:29 pm by bobthecrop

2 posters

Suggestion: Free Shoutcast.

Tachi
    Tachi

Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. Empty Suggestion: Free Shoutcast.

Post  Tachi Sat Dec 29, 2012 10:00 pm

This is primarily an suggestion and all things voiced in this topic is my very own opinion.

I strongly believe that Caster.FM is not the way to go because of quality limitations. A simple 128kb track is being downgraded and causing distortion to the sound and also causing volume issues. I believe right now everything is being done at 64kb and while that's fine and all, I think Umbar should now begin to look outside from the limitations of Caster.FM?

My alternative: http://freestreamhosting.org/

Why? 1000 slots, 128kb. Can be launched in Winamp and or anything else. Can have an Online / Offline feature that updates by its self. It has a shoutbox, and its own player.

Downsides: Without Pro Broadcaster you can't directly link or add a player to your site but I think its cheap, not sure. I've used this service myself and they've been around for like 3 years so I know they're good :3

Ah yes its really cheap o.o From the website:

Ad-free streaming

Direct tune-ins allowed

Ability to set servers as public

Increased bitrate allowance to 192k

Premium Support - 24 hour helpdesk

Exclusive discounts on other services

And more...

We are also working closely with our Pro Broadcasters to add other useful features and services. If you are a Pro Broadcaster and have any comments or suggestions then don't hesitate to contact support with your ideas!

* We also accept other currencies, $4.80 USD / £3.00 GBP / €3.90 EUR
    Umbar
    Umbar
    Admin

Suggestion: Free Shoutcast. Empty Re: Suggestion: Free Shoutcast.

Post  Umbar Sun Dec 30, 2012 2:35 am

Tachi wrote:This is primarily an suggestion and all things voiced in this topic is my very own opinion.

I strongly believe that Caster.FM is not the way to go because of quality limitations. A simple 128kb track is being downgraded and causing distortion to the sound and also causing volume issues. I believe right now everything is being done at 64kb and while that's fine and all, I think Umbar should now begin to look outside from the limitations of Caster.FM?

My alternative: http://freestreamhosting.org/

Why? 1000 slots, 128kb. Can be launched in Winamp and or anything else. Can have an Online / Offline feature that updates by its self. It has a shoutbox, and its own player.

Downsides: Without Pro Broadcaster you can't directly link or add a player to your site but I think its cheap, not sure. I've used this service myself and they've been around for like 3 years so I know they're good :3

Ah yes its really cheap o.o From the website:

Ad-free streaming

Direct tune-ins allowed

Ability to set servers as public

Increased bitrate allowance to 192k

Premium Support - 24 hour helpdesk

Exclusive discounts on other services

And more...

We are also working closely with our Pro Broadcasters to add other useful features and services. If you are a Pro Broadcaster and have any comments or suggestions then don't hesitate to contact support with your ideas!

* We also accept other currencies, $4.80 USD / £3.00 GBP / €3.90 EUR

We'll be looking into that.
    Tachi
    Tachi

Post  Tachi Sun Dec 30, 2012 4:52 am

Okay that's cool...

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:18 am